The political theology reading group is run by a group of academics in Oslo and is conducted in Scandinavian languages. It is open to anyone who wants to join. We meet 3-5 times each semester and read a wide range of texts related to political theology.
The format is relaxed and informal, but we often have one member present the text in the beginning of each session.
Examples of recent texts include:
- Jacques Maritain, ‘Integral Humanism and the Crisis of the Modern Times’
- Judith Butler, Gender Trouble
- Immanuel Kant, Religion within the Boundaries of Mere Reason
- Walter Benjamin, Critique of Violence
- Luke Bretherton, Christ and the Common Life
The group managers are Ragnar Misje Bergem (MF, Oslo) and Ole Jacob Løland (TF, Oslo). If you have any questions, use the contact form.
We use Google groups in order to handle the mailing list, but you do not need a google account to use it. You can unsubscribe at any time.
This is how you join:
- Press the button below and send an email.
- You will receive an automatic email from google, to which you must also reply to confirm your request to join the list.
- We will then consider and manually accept your request.
If the button is not working, you can copy the following email address to subscribe: firstname.lastname@example.org