A Nordic Network for Theology, Philosophy and Politics
Resonans is an online academic network that facilitates conversation, research, and exchange of information among Nordic academics working in the intersection between theology, politics and philosophy.
Resonans publishes a regular newsletter about new articles, events, and things of note from Nordic academics.
Each semester, Resonans will host an online seminar. Everybody is welcome to join us.
Academics in Oslo are hosting a monthly-ish reading group in political theology on Zoom. You are welcome to join the email list.
Got something to share?
Give us a heads up about relevant news or things of note we can share through the network, as for example publications, seminars and conferences, job positions or other relevant news.
Resonans shares news about publications and other relevant information. It is not a publisher in its own right. Authors, publications, or institutions mentioned do not necessarily have a relationship with the network.
- Av denna världen? Gudsrike och temporalitet i tyskt politiskt tänkande före 1848Article by Anton Jansson in Svensk Teologisk Kvartalskrift This article deals with the theological concept “Kingdom of God” in pre-1848 German political thought, more specifically in the texts of three political authors of the era: Wilhelm Weitling, Friedrich Julius Stahl, and Karl Theodor Welcker. The article is located in the nexus between theology and history… Continue reading Av denna världen? Gudsrike och temporalitet i tyskt politiskt tänkande före 1848
- Mellan mission och sionism: Svenska Israelsmissionen och grundandet av Svenska teologiska institutet i JerusalemArticle by Håkan Bengtsson in Svensk Teologisk Kvartalskrift. This article discusses the establishment of the Swedish Theological Institute in Jerusalem in 1951. My claim is that the missionary plan of the Swedish Mission to the Jews was mitigated towards a programme of biblical studies. Several factors contributed to this transformation. The change facilitated the relations… Continue reading Mellan mission och sionism: Svenska Israelsmissionen och grundandet av Svenska teologiska institutet i Jerusalem
- The Art of Re/Constructing Society: On avantgarde women, material theology and a future worth dreaming ofAss. Prof. Petra Carlsson Redell, Stockholm School of Theology will give this years Aasta Hansteen Lecture on Gender and Religion at the Faculty of Theology, University of Oslo. Time and place: Oct. 14, 2021 11:00 AM–12:00 PM, Faculty Library, Domus Theologica, Blinderveien 9, Oslo The seminar with Ass. Prof. Petra Carlsson Redell, beginning with a short response from the invited… Continue reading The Art of Re/Constructing Society: On avantgarde women, material theology and a future worth dreaming of
- Seminar Series: Populism and ReligionOnline seminar Series: Populism and Religion, LundAutumn 2021 — three seminars online Right-wing Populism and Religion – a Case of Banal religion? Andreas MebusSeptember 28, 16h15-18h00Zoom: https://lu-se.zoom.us/j/67579862136Meeting ID: 675 7986 2136 We are all nationalists; in some banal way or another – as Michael Billig taught us in the late ’90s. And we are all Christian; at… Continue reading Seminar Series: Populism and Religion
- European Conference in Science and TheologyThe European Conference on Science and Theology (ECST XIX) will take place in Ålesund, Norway, May 4-8, 2022:«Global Sustainability: Science and Religion in Dialogue». Conference webpage: https://www.hivolda.no/ecstxixESSSAT’s webpage: www.esssat.net At our 2022 ESSSAT conference in Norway, in one of the most scenic environmental settings in Europe, we want to bring science, humanities, social science, ethics and theology… Continue reading European Conference in Science and Theology
- Christoph Schwöbel, 1955-2021We regret to inform you that the German theologian Christoph Schwöbel recently passed away. More information St. Andrews: “Christoph Schwöbel studied at the Kirchliche Hochschule Bethel and the University of Marburg, before taking his first academic post as Lecturer in Systematic Theology at King’s College London in 1986. With Colin Gunton, he founded the influential… Continue reading Christoph Schwöbel, 1955-2021
- Seminar: Flesh of One’s Flesh: The Bible, George Bataille, and Black StudiesWe are happy to announce the second lecture organized by the project End of Law on 30 september 16:00 to 17:30 (CEST). Our guest is Bruce Rosenstock, professor and director of graduate studies at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, who works in the field of philosophy and religion. Rosenstocks’s talk will be centered around the… Continue reading Seminar: Flesh of One’s Flesh: The Bible, George Bataille, and Black Studies
- Protestant Narratives on Europe after 1945We warmly welcome you to join us in next week’s EuroStorie research seminar on Friday, 24th of September at 1:00pm–2:00pm (EEST) via Zoom live stream. Please see the link below. Dr. Katharina Kunter (University of Helsinki) will be presenting on the subject of “Protestant Narratives on Europe after 1945”. When: Friday 24.9.2021 at 1:00pm–2:00pm EEST Where: Please join us… Continue reading Protestant Narratives on Europe after 1945
- 20th Nordic Conference for Systematic TheologyCreation and Crisis: Reopening the Scandinavian Creation Theology January Friday 14 – Sunday 16 2022Aarhus University, Denmark Conference fee:950 DKK Registration deadline:15 December 2021Call for Papers deadline for short papers:1 November 2021 Subthemes: Creation theology and Climate changeCreation and VulnerabilityVulnerability and Climate JusticeA World with Corona – historical, ethical, and epistomological perspectives About the keynotes:Niels Henrik Gregersen is… Continue reading 20th Nordic Conference for Systematic Theology