De Ethica Special Issue: “Health care priority setting – lessons learned from covid-19” – Publication 2022
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 31st December 2021
Topic Areas: Ethics; Applied Ethics; Medical Ethics; Theological Ethics; Social and Political Philosophy.
The editors of De Ethica are pleased to announce a special issue in 2021 on Health care priority setting – lessons learned from covid-19. The ongoing pandemic situation put pressure on a number of issues discussed in the literature on priority setting. Covid-19 and its specific characteristics also raise a new set of questions. This special issue draws on ethicists’ (broadly understood) experiences from working on ethical questions in relation to covid-19. Which are the lessons learned?
We invite submissions on all aspects of this topic. Questions and issues include but are not limited to:
- What conclusions can be drawn from working on ethical question in relation to covid-19?
- Are there relevant ethical questions that have been over-looked in the discussion about covid-19?
- What is the relevant competence that ethicists (broadly understood) have for contributing to questions about covid-19?
- In what sense is ethical theory relevant to guide decision-making in a pandemic situation?
- Are there specific methodological questions that relate to an extreme situation such as covid-19?
- Are principles used for priority setting under normal circumstances applicable in pandemic times?
- Which is the appropriate relation between ethics and legislation on the one hand, and between ethics and politics on the other, when societies are suffering from pandemic?
The deadline for the thematic issue is December 31, 2021. All submissions will be subjected to rigorous blind review. Submissions should be between 4,000 and 8,000 words in length. For further submission requirements, format and referencing style, refer to the Author Guidelines on the De Ethica website https://de-ethica.com/about/submissions
Manuscripts should be prepared for blind review and submitted through the De Ethica website https://de-ethica.com/about/submissions
De Ethica is committed to a speedy and author-friendly review process; in most cases, the editors will notify the authors of their decision within three months.
De Ethica seeks to publish scholarly works at the intersections of philosophical, theological, and applied ethics.It is a fully peer-reviewed, open-access publication hosted by Linköping University Electronic Press. We are committed to making papers of high academic quality accessible to a wide audience.
De Ethica is published in cooperation with Societas Ethica, the European Society for Research in Ethics.
If you have any questions regarding research issues, contact Erik Gustavsson (editor for the special issue): firstname.lastname@example.org or Lars Lindblom (executive editor): email@example.com. For practical issues, contact Martin Langby (assistant editor): firstname.lastname@example.org.